29 Jan, 2020
Who is a dermatologist?
A dermatologist is doctor who specializes in the field of diseases related to the skin. So when you have anything that concerns your skin, scalp, nails and or even cosmetic related problems, it is recommended that you visit a dermatologist because they have expert knowledge regarding this field if healthcare.
The importance of healthy skin:
Healthy skin is something many people yearn, but unfortunately most people cannot achieve this. Skin problems, especially those related to the face are a common problem that people complain when they come to the dermatologist in Indirapuram. Our skin is an important aspect of our well-being, and with time we tend to take our smooth, even toned, glowing skin for granted. We don’t give it the necessary care we have to. As a result of which, we notice that our skin begins to develop problems such as uneven tone, pimples, scarring and roughness.
These are some of the common problems which plague most people when it come sot their skin. But they are especially prevalent in the teenage age group and most people first begin to experience skin problems during this time when they are in their adolescent phase. When these problems are not nipped in the bud, during their early stages, they become difficult to treat and correct. The scars which are left behind will take a long time to disappear and you will find that you skin is taking a long time to heal.
Although a lot of people have the notion that skin conditions can be home diagnosed and that home remedies are the best treatment for skin related issues, you should understand that allowing the problem to continue for a long period of time will lead to permanent damage to your skin. Also you need to be aware that certain skin problems flare up because there is underlying disease in your system which is causing it. And home remedies are simply not going to be adequate to solve the problem when this is the case. When you in this situation your best solution is to visit a dermatologist, because they will be able to identify the root cause of the problem and help you with treating the condition as a whole rather than dealing with it on the surface.
When do you have to visit the dermatologist?
If you are the person who has near perfect skin and has a pimple break pout every once in a while, then you can be rest assured that you have no major skin related concerns and a visit to the dermatologist is not warranted. But there are certain conditions, for which you have to understand that an expert opinion will be valuable. These include:
- Spending long periods of time in the sun - if you are the kind of person who is required to spend long hours in the sun, be it for your job or you simply enjoy doing so, you have to understand that it can lead to problems with your skin, especially the development of cancer. So you need to visit the dermatologist in order to obtain advice about a healthy skin care routine for yourself, and to also learn how to identify early signs of possible cancer, because prevention and early detection are the goals you should be aiming for.
- Long term acne – acne is a major problem for most people, now more so than ever, when everybody is aiming for the perfect photograph to upload on social media. If it’s an occasional problem for you, then there are no worries. But if it persists for longer than a few months, it warrant a visit to the dentist, who will be able to identify any underlying cause for it, and also advice you on lifestyle changes which may help reduce and prevent it.
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight – Although some people have naturally sensitive skin which starts to turn red and give you a burning feeling when exposed to sunlight, some people may notice this kind of increased sensitivity to sunlight suddenly. This should raise concern and you have to consider visiting the dermatologist because it could be due to an underlying condition known as Systemic Lupus.
- Itchy skin – although common after an insect bite or allergy, if you have itchiness of skin in the presence of a rash, which lasts longer than a week, you have to consider paying a visit to the dermatologist in order to have it checked out.
- Skin conditions which last a long period of time - although we all experience various skin problems for time, if they have been nagging for a long time, and have begun to concern you, then a visit to the dermatologist is advised.
Categories: Dermatologist In Indirapuram